Sunday, March 10, 2013

SCD Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich


This is easy. Silly easy. It barely warrants directions. I'm blogging about it because it's also good and I hadn't thought of making a sandwich until I found a good bun. I really recommend the Against All Grain Grain-free Hamburger bun. However, I made that recipe in a half batch and my buns are, therefore, smaller than the regular ones. The full batch might make buns a little big for this, but maybe not!

Interestingly, Alex not only hadn't had a breakfast sandwich in four years of SCD - he'd apparently never, ever had a breakfast sandwich. No McMuffins, nothing. Alex gives it a 7/10. He can't think of anything to make it better. I'll take that as a win.

Ingredients
SCD bun/biscuit/bread of your choice
1 egg, fried sunny side up
1 slice of cheese

Directions
Fry up your egg! Choose a bigger pan so you can also lay the bread (or cut in half bun) on the pan to toast it. When the bun is a little toasty, flip it over and add the cheese to the bottom half so it can start to melt. When the egg is cooked, add it to the sandwich, top, and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment