Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SCD Creamy Garlic and Dill Salad Dressing


Salad dressing! I can't really, truly empathize, but after months of making Alex salads dressed with olive oil and apple cider or red wine vinegar (you know, for variety), I can only imagine what it's like not to have access to salad dressing for, potentially, ever. Well, not anymore!

Alex tried this tonight and said: "It tastes like real salad dressing!" I know you SCD readers understand what a great compliment that was.

Ingredients

1/4 cup homemade SCD mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon SCD mustard (the condiment, not the powder)
1 large clove of garlic, grated
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
water to achieve desired consistency (for me, it was about 1 tbsp)

Directions
Mix all of these together. That's it.
Making the mayonnaise the hardest part of this recipe, and only because I lack upper body strength.



No comments:

Post a Comment